CAS 7553-56-2 Iodine Product Description
|Synonyms:||Iodine (JP15/USP);Iode;Eranol;EINECS 231-442-4;Iodine [JAN];Diatomic iodine;|
|Melting Point:||113 °C (lit.)|
|Boiling Point:||184 °C (lit.)|
|Density:||1.32 g/mL at 25 °C|
|Appearance:||purple black spherical|
|Storage:||Store in a cool, ventilated, dark warehouse. Keep away from heat and fire|
|Solubility:||Slightly soluble in water, insoluble in sulfuric acid. Soluble in organic solvents|
CAS 7553-56-2 Iodine Product Picture
CAS 7553-56-2 Iodine Product Usage
1. Mainly used in manufacturing iodides, pesticides, feed additives, dyes, tinctures of iodine, test strips, medicines, etc.
2. Used as electronic industry materials and high-purity reagents.
3. For volumetric analysis and colourimetric analysis.
4. Used as the basic raw material for the manufacture of inorganic iodides and organic iodides. Mainly used in medical and health care, manufacturing various iodine preparations, bactericides, disinfectants, deodorants, analgesics and antidotes for radioactive substances. Antibacterial agents used in industry for synthetic dyes, smoke suppressants, photographic emulsions and cutting oil emulsions;
5. It is used to manufacture electronic instruments such as single crystal prisms, optical instruments such as polarizers, glass that can transmit infrared rays, etc.;
6. For leather and speciality soaps. Iodine is a good catalyst for organic synthesis reactions such as methylation, isomerization, and dehydrogenation;
7. Used as a separating agent for alkanes and alkenes;
8. Used as a stabilizer for rosin, tall oil and other wood products;
9. Used as a refining agent for high-purity zirconium, titanium, hafnium, silicon and germanium;
10. Used to prepare equivalent solvent, determine iodine value, and calibrate the concentration of sodium thiosulfate solution.